Interested in teaching?
The Austin Belly Dance Convention is looking for fabulous instructors!
We accept workshops and presentations that are associated with all styles of Middle Eastern dance and Belly Dance; for example, raqs al sharqi, folk dance, ATS, Tribal fusion, props, choreography, technique, music, teaching, make-up, costuming, history, culture, and production.
Details are listed below and in the Teacher Policies regarding compensation for workshops, performance requirements, and deadlines.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the instructions below:
- Read our Teacher Policies.
- Complete a Teacher Application by October 15, 2017.
- We will review applications and reply to applicants by November 15, 2017.
- Invited teachers will need to confirm attendance and submit requested information (listed below) by November 25, 2017.
- Apply for the Travel Grant.
Note that Dance, Lectures, and Demonstrations Workshops must be 2 hours in length. There is a required performance of 6-10 minutes in an evening show. Additional performing responsibilities are negotiated with individual contracts.
The ABDC has partnered with an amazing amount of talented teachers from Austin and around the world. Past headline teachers have been Donna Mejia, Ruby Beh, Zahra Zuhair, Aziza, Eva Fleming, Jasmin Jahal, Sadie & Souhail Kaspar, Suhaila Salimpour, Virginia, and Yasmina Ramzy. Some of our local teachers include Amara, April Rose, Bahaia, Stacey Lizette, Totem, Jamie Lynn, Lily, and Z-Helene.