Please read the following Teaching Policies before submitting the ABDC Teacher Application.
- We will take Teacher Application forms until October 1, 2017.
- We will review applications and reply to applicants by November 1, 2017.
- Once all the Teacher Applications are received, we will review the topics and design the best exciting schedule for the ABDC.
- Invited teachers will need to confirm attendance and submit requested information (listed below) by November 20, 2017.
DANCE, MUSIC, AND LECTURE WORKSHOP COMPENSATION:
CONVENTION TEACHERS WILL PROVIDE:
(additional responsibilities are negotiated with individual contracts)
DEADLINE: Nov. 20, 2016
DEADLINE: April 1, 2017:
DEADLINE: May 15, 2017:
DEADLINE: June 1, 2017
THE ABDC WILL PROVIDE:
- Only an act of God, death, or a catastrophic medical emergency can cause either the SPONSOR or ARTIST to cancel without any monetary obligation to each other within three months of the date of the event.
- The SPONSOR reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any workshops, teachers, class topics, and shows. The SPONSOR will notify ARTIST immediately if any changes are required.
- ARTIST’s workshop needs a minimum of 5 paid registrants by the end of on-line registration. The SPONSOR will cancel workshop the following day after on-line registration ends if minimum is not met.
- The ABDC does not refund travel, lodging, or meal expenses in the event of a workshop cancellation.
Everyone will be required to sign a hard copy of the ABDC liability waiver at the convention.
I realize that participation in workshops, rehearsals, performances, and other activities could involve some possible personal injury. Despite precautions, accidents, injuries, permanent disabilities, and death may occur. I agree to assume all risks, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, related to the use of any and all spaces used by the Releasees (including the ABDC’s owners, teachers, dancers, employees, representatives, agents, staff, volunteers, and facilities and their heirs, executors and administrators) and Holiday Inn and its parent company, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC during the Austin Belly Dance Convention, June 23 2017 through June 25, 2017.
I agree to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I will not hold the Releasees liable for any personal injury, any personal property damage, or any losses which may occur on the premises before, during, or after attendance, transportation of equipment related to the activities, and traveling to and from the ABDC location. It is my responsibility to inspect performance and instruction area and report any cause for concern to the Releasees. Furthermore, I agree to obey the production and facility rules and take full responsibility for my behavior in addition to any damage I may cause to the facilities utilized by the Releasees.
I, for due consideration, hereby grant permission to the Releasees photograph and videotape my workshops and performances from the ABDC at the Holiday Inn - Midtown, 6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752, June 23 2017 through June 25, 2017 for documentation and promotional purposes. I hereby grant to the Releasees the use my photograph and photographic likeness, and, or reproduction thereof, in whatever capacity as they see fit, including, but not limited to illustrations, advertisements, and videos for documentation and promotional purposes. I reserve the right to use video of this performance for personal promotional purposes if desired. Should the video be used for anything other than private use by the Releasees or any party, I require immediate notification and first right of refusal. The Releasees agrees to responsibly notify participants and police event for unauthorized videotaping and/or use of video distributed for sale.
By filling out the ABDC Teacher Application, I do hereby affirm and acknowledge the Teacher policy. I have read this liability and fully understand its terms and agree to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.